- 1 Who is the best basketball player statistically?
- 2 Are basketball references reliable?
- 3 How is vorp calculated basketball?
- 4 How many games has LeBron played vs Jordan?
- 5 Who’s better LeBron or Kobe?
- 6 Who was the worst player in the NBA?
- 7 What is the most important NBA stat?
- 8 Who has the best stats in the NBA?
- 9 What does FG mean in basketball?
- 10 Who has best plus minus in NBA?
- 11 Why plus/minus is a bad stat NBA?
- 12 What is a good ORtg in basketball?
- 13 Who is better Kobe or Jordan?
- 14 Who has the most buzzer beaters in NBA history?
- 15 How long was Kobe in the NBA?
Who is the best basketball player statistically?
- LeBron James: 7,491.
- Michael Jordan: 5,987.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 5,762.
Are basketball references reliable?
“Basketball–Reference.com is the first site I go to for player stats. It’s thorough and accurate, and I like the variety of information it provides.”
How is vorp calculated basketball?
So, to calculate VORP, the formula is simply: [BPM – (-2.0)] * (% of minutes played)*(team games/82). This yields the number of points the player is producing over a replacement player, per 100 TEAM possessions over an entire season.
How many games has LeBron played vs Jordan?
Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James: Regular season stats
Who’s better LeBron or Kobe?
The Bottom Line: While LeBron is much more of a team player than Kobe, and is more dominant and holds better stats, Kobe was a more versatile and complete player, a virtuoso with amazing skills and defense abilities. So, in the Kobe vs. LeBron debate, which of these two NBA superstars outshines the other?
Who was the worst player in the NBA?
Darius Garland was the NBA’s worst player. Should he get a pass for horrible rookie season? – cleveland.com.
What is the most important NBA stat?
The Most Important Stats To Track For Your Basketball Team
- Turnover Differential/Assist-To-Turnover Ratio. The first thing you should take a look at is the total turnovers by both teams and see who came out on top.
- Rebounding Margin/Offensive Rebounds. Team A pulls down 48 total rebounds, 15 offensive.
- Free Throw Differential.
- Assists on Field Goals %
Who has the best stats in the NBA?
NBA all-time stats leaders
- Points. K. Abdul-Jabbar 38,387. Karl Malone. 36,928. LeBron James* 35,283. Kobe Bryant. 33,643.
- Rebounds. W. Chamberlain 23,924. Bill Russell. 21,620. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. 17,440. Elvin Hayes. 16,279.
- Assists. John Stockton 15,806. Jason Kidd. 12,091. Steve Nash. 10,335. Mark Jackson. 10,334. Magic Johnson.
What does FG mean in basketball?
Field goal percentage is used to measure how well a player or team shoots the ball during a game. To calculate field goal percentage, divide the number of made shots by the total number of shot attempts.
Who has best plus minus in NBA?
Why plus/minus is a bad stat NBA?
The main flaw of raw plus–minus in a single game is that when a player either plays mediocre basketball with a strong lineup that outscores the other team well or plays well when their lineup is getting killed, the stat does not capture it. This is often the case, particularly for guys that get less minutes.
What is a good ORtg in basketball?
Values of ORtg fall in the same range as team efficiencies – 100 is about average, higher values are better. The average player will use 20% of his team’s possessions while he is on the court. The majority of players fall between 15% and 25%.
Who is better Kobe or Jordan?
Kobe Bryant has more career points than Michael Jordan, but Jordan was the better scorer between the two. Highlighted by his NBA record 10 scoring titles, Jordan also averaged 30.1 points per game. Let me also mention that Jordan’s scoring average is 5.1 points more than Bryant.
Who has the most buzzer beaters in NBA history?
Who has the most game-winning buzzer-beaters in the history of each franchise?
- 76ers. Andre Iguodala tied with Dolph Schayes (3)
- Blazers. Damian Lillard (3)
- Bucks. Sidney Moncrief (3)
- Bulls. Michael Jordan (8)
- Cavaliers. LeBron James (6)
- Celtics. Paul Pierce (6)
- Clippers. Blake Griffin (2)
- Grizzlies. Rudy Gay (3)
How long was Kobe in the NBA?
Kobe Bean Bryant (/ˈkoʊbiː/ KOH-bee; August 23, 1978 – January 26, 2020) was an American professional basketball player. A shooting guard, he spent his entire 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers in the National Basketball Association (NBA).