- 1 What do the stats mean in basketball?
- 2 What are good stats in basketball?
- 3 How do you read basketball stats?
- 4 What are NBA stats?
- 5 What does P mean in basketball?
- 6 What does F mean in basketball?
- 7 Who has the best stats in the NBA?
- 8 What is a 3PM in basketball?
- 9 How do you read FG in basketball?
- 10 Who has the highest plus/minus in NBA history?
- 11 What is a good 3 point percentage in basketball?
- 12 Who is the richest owner of the NBA?
- 13 Who are the top 5 scorers in the NBA?
- 14 Will LeBron pass Kareem?
What do the stats mean in basketball?
Plus/Minus (PM): The PM stat is “Plus/Minus”, and reflects how the team did while that player is on the court. If a player has a +5 PM, it means his team outscored the opponent by 5 points while he was on the court. If he has a -3, then the opposing team outscored his team by 3 points while he was on the court.
What are good stats in basketball?
The Most Important Stats To Track For Your Basketball Team
- When looking at a stat sheet, I believe the best stats to look at are the following:
- 1) Turnover Differential/Assist-To-Turnover Ratio.
- 2) Rebounding Margin/Offensive Rebounds.
- 3) Free Throw Differential.
- 4) Assists on Field Goals %
- Related Pages & Helpful Resources.
How do you read basketball stats?
How to Read a Box Score
- MIN = Minutes.
- FGM = Field-goals made.
- FGA = Field-goals attempted.
- FG% = Field goal percentage.
- 3PM = 3-pointers made.
- 3PA = 3-pointers attempted.
- 3P% = 3-point percentage.
- FTM = Free throws made.
What are NBA stats?
PTS: points. FGM, FGA, FG%: field goals made, attempted and percentage. FTM, FTA, FT%: free throws made, attempted and percentage. 3FGM, 3FGA, 3FG%: three-point field goals made, attempted and percentage.
What does P mean in basketball?
I think the “P” you refer to is the possession arrow indicator. In college basketball, the game is two 20-minute halves [or four 10-minute quarters, in women’s basketball] and the possession arrow determines which team receives the ball after halftime.
What does F mean in basketball?
F. Forward. Any small forward, power forward, forward, guard/forward, or forward/center.
Who has the best stats in the NBA?
NBA all-time stats leaders
- Points. K. Abdul-Jabbar 38,387. Karl Malone. 36,928. LeBron James* 35,283. Kobe Bryant. 33,643.
- Rebounds. W. Chamberlain 23,924. Bill Russell. 21,620. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. 17,440. Elvin Hayes. 16,279.
- Assists. John Stockton 15,806. Jason Kidd. 12,091. Steve Nash. 10,335. Mark Jackson. 10,334. Magic Johnson.
What is a 3PM in basketball?
3PA, 3PM: Three pointers attempted, three pointers made. FTA, FTM: Free throws attempted, free throws made.
How do you read FG in basketball?
To calculate field goal percentages, divide field goals made by field goals attempted. 3PM (3-point field goals made): The total number of three-point field goals made by a player or team. 3PA (3-point field goals attempted): The total number of three-point field goals attempted by a player or team.
Who has the highest plus/minus in NBA history?
What is a good 3 point percentage in basketball?
Three-point field goal percentage is usually kept as additional statistics. Its abbreviation is 3FG%. A 3FG% of. 400 and above is a very good percentage.
Who is the richest owner of the NBA?
Michael Jordan, Charlotte Hornets: $2.1 Billion.
Who are the top 5 scorers in the NBA?
Ranking the top 10 scorers in the NBA is a lot harder than it seems.
- 04 8. Damian Lillard, Trail Blazers.
- 05 7. Steph Curry, Warriors.
- 06 6. Kyrie Irving, Nets.
- 07 5. Kawhi Leonard, Clippers.
- 08 4. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bucks.
- 09 3. LeBron James, Lakers.
- 10 2. James Harden, Rockets. 10 / 11.
- 11 1. Kevin Durant, Nets. 11 / 11.
Will LeBron pass Kareem?
That would leave him 1,459 points behind Kareem — or fewer than the number of points James scored in his injured first year in L.A. If James maintains his current production, he would pass Kareem early in the 2022-23 season.