- 1 What do the abbreviations in basketball stats mean?
- 2 What does FTF stand for in basketball?
- 3 What does TD mean in basketball?
- 4 How do you read basketball stats?
- 5 What does 3 and D mean in basketball?
- 6 What does C mean in basketball?
- 7 What are the most important stats in basketball?
- 8 What is PP and SP in basketball?
- 9 What position should I pick first in fantasy basketball?
- 10 How is NBA +/- calculated?
- 11 What does G mean in basketball positions?
- 12 Who has the best stats in the NBA?
- 13 What is a 3 3PM game?
- 14 What is a good 3 point percentage in basketball?
What do the abbreviations in basketball stats mean?
GM, GP; GS: games played; games started. PTS: points. FGM, FGA, FG%: field goals made, attempted and percentage. 3FGM, 3FGA, 3FG%: three-point field goals made, attempted and percentage. REB, OREB, DREB: rebounds, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds.
What does FTF stand for in basketball?
OREB% FTF. The Value Point System. A statistic that factors in a number of traditional counting stats to produce a well-rounded indication of overall performance.
What does TD mean in basketball?
Scoring categories in Fantasy Basketball
How do you read basketball stats?
How to Read a Box Score
- MIN = Minutes.
- FGM = Field-goals made.
- FGA = Field-goals attempted.
- FG% = Field goal percentage.
- 3PM = 3-pointers made.
- 3PA = 3-pointers attempted.
- 3P% = 3-point percentage.
- FTM = Free throws made.
What does 3 and D mean in basketball?
3-and-D. Any player, typically not a star, who specializes mainly in three-point shooting (“3“) and defense (“D“). The term is most often used in the NBA, where this specific skill set has been increasingly valued in the 21st century.
What does C mean in basketball?
The center (C), also known as the five or pivot, usually plays near the baseline or close to the basket (the “low post”). They are usually the tallest players on the floor. The center usually scores “down low”, or “in the paint” (near the basket, in the key), but some can be good perimeter shooters.
What are the most important stats in basketball?
The Most Important Stats To Track For Your Basketball Team
- Turnover Differential/Assist-To-Turnover Ratio. The first thing you should take a look at is the total turnovers by both teams and see who came out on top.
- Rebounding Margin/Offensive Rebounds. Team A pulls down 48 total rebounds, 15 offensive.
- Free Throw Differential.
- Assists on Field Goals %
What is PP and SP in basketball?
Star Player and Pro Player Points
The Star Player By (% SP By) and Pro Player By (% PP By) stats help you understand how other players have chosen their teams.
What position should I pick first in fantasy basketball?
It depends on your league settings (Points leagues favor PF & C heavily) But IMO a good general order is: C, PG, SF, PF, SG. Most people don’t recommend targeting specific positions in order while drafting, but trying to snag the top tier candidates ASAP.
How is NBA +/- calculated?
+/- – the plus/minus statistic is a measure of the point differential when players are in and out of a game. It is calculated by taking the difference in the score when the player enters the game and subtracting it from the score when the player exits the game.
What does G mean in basketball positions?
Shooting Guard. Any shooting guard, guard, or guard/forward. G. Guard. Any point guard, shooting guard, guard, or guard/forward.
Who has the best stats in the NBA?
NBA all-time stats leaders
- Points. K. Abdul-Jabbar 38,387. Karl Malone. 36,928. LeBron James* 35,283. Kobe Bryant. 33,643.
- Rebounds. W. Chamberlain 23,924. Bill Russell. 21,620. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. 17,440. Elvin Hayes. 16,279.
- Assists. John Stockton 15,806. Jason Kidd. 12,091. Steve Nash. 10,335. Mark Jackson. 10,334. Magic Johnson.
What is a 3 3PM game?
3PA, 3PM: Three pointers attempted, three pointers made. FTA, FTM: Free throws attempted, free throws made.
What is a good 3 point percentage in basketball?
Three-point field goal percentage is usually kept as additional statistics. Its abbreviation is 3FG%. A 3FG% of. 400 and above is a very good percentage.