- 1 What is the volume of a basketball in liters?
- 2 What is the volume of a baseball?
- 3 How do I find the volume?
- 4 What is the volume of a basketball with a diameter of 9 inches?
- 5 How do you find the volume of a ball?
- 6 What is the volume of a 12 inch softball?
- 7 What are 2 ways to find volume?
- 8 What is volume formula?
- 9 What are three ways to measure volume?
- 10 What is the volume of a basketball with a radius of 4.5 inches?
- 11 How are the equations for volume of a cylinder Cone and Sphere related?
What is the volume of a basketball in liters?
A NBA official ball, manufactured by Spalding, is a Size 7 ball and measures about 7.10421672870 liters. The surface of these balls have 4,118 pebbles with a diameter of 2.5 mm each. The volume of blood in the average human body is about 5 L.
What is the volume of a baseball?
The volume of a baseball is about 13.39 cubic inches.
How do I find the volume?
In math, volume is the amount of space in a certain 3D object. For instance, a fish tank has 3 feet in length, 1 foot in width and two feet in height. To find the volume, you multiply length times width times height, which is 3x1x2, which equals six. So the volume of the fish tank is 6 cubic feet.
What is the volume of a basketball with a diameter of 9 inches?
You have the diameter, that is the double of the radius, so r=92=4.5 inches. v=43π4.53=381.69 cubic inches.
How do you find the volume of a ball?
The formula for the volume of a sphere is V = 4/3 πr³. See the formula used in an example where we are given the diameter of the sphere.
What is the volume of a 12 inch softball?
Microsoft, 1998. “The “12–inch” ball measures between 11.88 and 12.13 in (30.2 and 30.8 cm) in circumference and weighs between 6.25 and 7 oz (177.2 and 198.4 g).” Softball.
What are 2 ways to find volume?
Units of Measure
- Volume = length x width x height.
- You only need to know one side to figure out the volume of a cube.
- The units of measure for volume are cubic units.
- Volume is in three-dimensions.
- You can multiply the sides in any order.
- Which side you call length, width, or height doesn’t matter.
What is volume formula?
Whereas the basic formula for the area of a rectangular shape is length × width, the basic formula for volume is length × width × height.
What are three ways to measure volume?
There are other units for measuring volume; cubic inches, cubic feet, cubic yards are all units used for measuring volume. Milliliters, liters, gallons are also used especially when measuring liquids. We write cubic sizes using a small 3 next to the unit.
What is the volume of a basketball with a radius of 4.5 inches?
In this question:
Radius of 4.5 inches. So the volume, in cubic inches, is: The volume of the ball is 382 cubic inches.
The formula for the volume of a sphere is 4⁄3πr³. For a cylinder, the formula is πr²h. A cone is ⅓ the volume of a cylinder, or 1⁄3πr²h. This song’s hook makes these formulas easy to remember.