How can I improve my handling in basketball?
9 Tips To Improve Your Dribbling & Ball Handling
- Dribble the ball hard.
- Head up at all times.
- Use your finger tips to control the ball, not your palm.
- Use your imagination.
- Teach mentality.
- Basketball is a game of length.
- Basketball is also a game of angles.
- Don’t do things in 2 dribbles that you can do in 1.
How long does it take to get good handles in basketball?
Anything like 3 or 4 times a week for like an hour or so for just running dribbling/handling drills wil you get there in like 4–6 months easily, but consistency is key here, in order to develop any skill (not just this one) it requires time, patience, discipline and consistency on developing it.
How do you stay low in basketball?
Points of emphasis
- Stay low, keep the dribble low.
- Quick change of direction, exploding to score.
- Keep eyes focused on the rim.
- Perform at game speed.
- Maintain balance when pulling up for a jump shot.