- 1 How deep does a basketball pole need to be in the ground?
- 2 Can you convert a portable basketball system to in ground?
- 3 What kind of cement is used for basketball hoops?
- 4 How long does it take to install an inground basketball hoop?
- 5 How much does it cost to install an in-ground basketball hoop?
- 6 Is a 54 inch backboard big enough?
- 7 What is the best thing to put in a portable basketball hoop?
- 8 Can you dunk on a portable basketball hoop?
- 9 How long do I need to let quikrete set?
- 10 How long does it take for concrete to dry on a basketball hoop?
- 11 Is 72 inch backboard too big for driveway?
- 12 What’s the best in-ground basketball hoop?
- 13 How do you attach a basketball hoop to a garage?
How deep does a basketball pole need to be in the ground?
The recommended hole size is 16 inches in diameter and 48 inches deep. You will need eleven 80-lb bags of concrete for the installation. IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTION: Before you dig, call your local utilities to rule out the presence of buried cables including power, water, gas and phone lines.
Can you convert a portable basketball system to in ground?
Changing a portable basketball hoop to an in-ground system is a weekend project that will likely take about 8 hours of actual work time. By doing all of the digging and cement work yourself, which is quite possible for many people, you can significantly decrease the cost of this project.
What kind of cement is used for basketball hoops?
If you have a specific mix you’re looking for, then great, you already know what to get. However, if you’re simply trying to follow the instructions for your hoop, your standard ‘High-Strength’ mix will do just fine. Goalrilla recommends purchasing 12-13 bags of Quikrete concrete mix.
How long does it take to install an inground basketball hoop?
On this visit, the technician will confirm with someone over the age of 18 where the Hoop should be placed. The hole will be dug, anchor kit placed and concrete poured. This visit typically takes about 90 to 120 minutes for a normal dig.
How much does it cost to install an in-ground basketball hoop?
On average, installation will cost around $450.00 for an in-ground system if you have it professionally installed. This includes two trips, labor and materials. Roof and wall mounted basketball systems will cost less because there are no material costs and assembly can be done in only one trip (no concrete).
Is a 54 inch backboard big enough?
Backboard sizes vary in width from 48” wide all the way up to 72”, but for the sake of regular game play we recommend choosing backboard no smaller than 54” wide. Anything narrower than this measurement won’t allow the player to perform bank shots at all!
What is the best thing to put in a portable basketball hoop?
Tips for Filling a Portable Basketball Hoop
- WATER. Adding water to the base is as simple as hooking a hose to the base hole. This is a cheaper and easier option than sand.
- SAND. Sand is denser than water, and it weighs more per gallon, so it can help increase stability.
- BASE GEL. A third option for your hoop is a special gel designed to stabilize bases.
Can you dunk on a portable basketball hoop?
The biggest benefit of an adustable hoop is that you can dunk on it just like the pros. Portable systems are usually not heavy-duty enough and do not have enough ballast for this type of play.
How long do I need to let quikrete set?
The concrete sets up in 20 to 40 minutes, so you can quickly move on to the next stage of the project (a great convenience when setting fence posts) or backfill the hole to finish the job. Under normal curing conditions, you can apply heavy weight to the post (a basketball backboard, for example) after just 4 hours.
How long does it take for concrete to dry on a basketball hoop?
Allow the concrete to set for at least 72 hours before installing the rest of the system onto the bottom pole. In humid climates or wet weather, allow additional time for the concrete to cure. Do not proceed until the curing process is complete.
Is 72 inch backboard too big for driveway?
Backboards range in size from 44″ to 72“. If you have a one car driveway, go with a 54″ backboard. If you have enough space, strongly consider a 60″ or, ideally, a 72” backboard, which is regulation size for high school, college and the pros.
What’s the best in-ground basketball hoop?
The best in-ground basketball hoops for every budget:
|Basketball Hoop||Backboard Size||Backboard Material|
|Spalding NBA System||60 inches||1/4″ Tempered Glass|
|Silverback SB 60||60 inches||5/16″ Tempered Glass|
|Goalrilla GS 54||54 inches||3/8″ Tempered Glass|
|Goalrilla GS 72||72 inches||3/8″ Tempered Glass|
How do you attach a basketball hoop to a garage?
Mounting on your garage means you should avoid the hoop being obstructed by the roof line. The hoop, when installing it on against the garage, should be as flat as possible. Be sure that the place where you’re installing the basketball hoop is free and clear of any mechanisms around the garage door area.