- 1 What do the abbreviations in basketball stats mean?
- 2 What does RPG mean in basketball?
- 3 What is FGM in basketball?
- 4 What does PS mean in basketball?
- 5 How is NBA +/- calculated?
- 6 What are the most important stats in basketball?
- 7 Is it called a goal in basketball?
- 8 What is the highest per in NBA history?
- 9 Who has the highest PER in NBA history?
- 10 What does 2PM mean in basketball?
- 11 What is a good 3-point percentage in basketball?
- 12 What is PG and SG in basketball?
- 13 What does 3PM mean?
- 14 How much does it cost to be on an AAU basketball team?
- 15 Which NBA team has not won a championship?
What do the abbreviations in basketball stats mean?
GM, GP; GS: games played; games started. PTS: points. FGM, FGA, FG%: field goals made, attempted and percentage. 3FGM, 3FGA, 3FG%: three-point field goals made, attempted and percentage. REB, OREB, DREB: rebounds, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds.
What does RPG mean in basketball?
Formula: Offensive Rebounds + Defensive Rebounds. Rebounds Per Game (RPG) The average number of total rebounds per game.
What is FGM in basketball?
A field goal made (FGM) is credited to a player any time a FGA by them results in a goal being scored or being awarded because of illegal interference with the ball (goal tending) by a defensive player. When a player is fouled in the act of shooting and the shot results in a FGM, then a FGA must also be credited.
What does PS mean in basketball?
PF: Personal fouls. TOC: Turnovers committed. Pt: Points per game. Ps: Position.
How is NBA +/- calculated?
+/- – the plus/minus statistic is a measure of the point differential when players are in and out of a game. It is calculated by taking the difference in the score when the player enters the game and subtracting it from the score when the player exits the game.
What are the most important stats in basketball?
The Most Important Stats To Track For Your Basketball Team
- Turnover Differential/Assist-To-Turnover Ratio. The first thing you should take a look at is the total turnovers by both teams and see who came out on top.
- Rebounding Margin/Offensive Rebounds. Team A pulls down 48 total rebounds, 15 offensive.
- Free Throw Differential.
- Assists on Field Goals %
Is it called a goal in basketball?
Professional basketball is watched by millions more on TV. The game is played between two teams, with five players per team allowed on the court at any one time. Points are scored by getting the ball through a hoop called ‘the goal‘ or ‘the basket’, and the team scoring the most points wins.
What is the highest per in NBA history?
Career PER leaders
Who has the highest PER in NBA history?
What does 2PM mean in basketball?
Basketball Statistics Glossary
|2P%||2-Point Field Goal Percentage|
|2PM||2-Point Field Goals Made|
|3P%||3-Point Field Goal Percentage|
|3PA||3-Point Field Goals Attempted|
What is a good 3-point percentage in basketball?
Three-point field goal percentage is usually kept as additional statistics. Its abbreviation is 3FG%. A 3FG% of. 400 and above is a very good percentage.
What is PG and SG in basketball?
The point guard runs the offense and usually is the team’s best dribbler and passer. The point guard defends the opponent’s point guard and tries to steal the ball. Shooting Guard. The shooting guard is usually the team’s best shooter.
What does 3PM mean?
|3||3PM||3 Points Made|
|2||3PM||3-pointers made + 1 variant|
|1||3PM||3 Pointers Made|
|2||3PM||Project, Program, and Portfolio Management|
How much does it cost to be on an AAU basketball team?
AAU basketball does not come cheap. Depending on the team, families can expect to pay $400 to $4,000 per summer to play, including uniforms. That does not include transportation to and from practice or games, hotel rooms, food, gas or admission for those not playing.
Which NBA team has not won a championship?
(Note: Six franchises — the Charlotte Hornets, Denver Nuggets, LA Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies, Minnesota Timberwolves and New Orleans Pelicans — have never reached The Finals.