- 1 What does to mean in basketball stats?
- 2 How do you read basketball stats?
- 3 What are the most important stats in basketball?
- 4 Is plus minus a good stat NBA?
- 5 How is NBA +/- calculated?
- 6 What does P mean in basketball?
- 7 What does 3 and D mean in basketball?
- 8 What is a 3 3PM game?
- 9 What is G in NBA stats?
- 10 Who has the best stats in the NBA?
- 11 What is a good per in basketball?
- 12 Who is the most efficient player in the NBA?
- 13 Why plus/minus is a bad stat?
- 14 Who has the worst plus/minus in the NBA?
- 15 Which NBA player has the best plus minus?
What does to mean in basketball stats?
– TO Ratio = Turnover Ratio By Team. – STL = Steals By Team. – BLK = Blocks By Team. “POSSESSION”: – Pos = Time Of Possession By Team.
How do you read basketball stats?
How to Read a Box Score
- MIN = Minutes.
- FGM = Field-goals made.
- FGA = Field-goals attempted.
- FG% = Field goal percentage.
- 3PM = 3-pointers made.
- 3PA = 3-pointers attempted.
- 3P% = 3-point percentage.
- FTM = Free throws made.
What are the most important stats in basketball?
The Most Important Stats To Track For Your Basketball Team
- Turnover Differential/Assist-To-Turnover Ratio. The first thing you should take a look at is the total turnovers by both teams and see who came out on top.
- Rebounding Margin/Offensive Rebounds. Team A pulls down 48 total rebounds, 15 offensive.
- Free Throw Differential.
- Assists on Field Goals %
Is plus minus a good stat NBA?
Using plus–minus within an individual game works as a starting point for analysis, a headline to a performance that requires further explanation to fortify its value. When tweeting or writing about a game, it is worthwhile to bring up a player’s plus–minus as a punctuation to breaking down their performance.
How is NBA +/- calculated?
+/- – the plus/minus statistic is a measure of the point differential when players are in and out of a game. It is calculated by taking the difference in the score when the player enters the game and subtracting it from the score when the player exits the game.
What does P mean in basketball?
I think the “P” you refer to is the possession arrow indicator. In college basketball, the game is two 20-minute halves [or four 10-minute quarters, in women’s basketball] and the possession arrow determines which team receives the ball after halftime.
What does 3 and D mean in basketball?
3-and-D. Any player, typically not a star, who specializes mainly in three-point shooting (“3“) and defense (“D“). The term is most often used in the NBA, where this specific skill set has been increasingly valued in the 21st century.
What is a 3 3PM game?
3PA, 3PM: Three pointers attempted, three pointers made. FTA, FTM: Free throws attempted, free throws made.
What is G in NBA stats?
GM, GP; GS: games played; games started. PTS: points. FGM, FGA, FG%: field goals made, attempted and percentage.
Who has the best stats in the NBA?
NBA all-time stats leaders
- Points. K. Abdul-Jabbar 38,387. Karl Malone. 36,928. LeBron James* 35,283. Kobe Bryant. 33,643.
- Rebounds. W. Chamberlain 23,924. Bill Russell. 21,620. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. 17,440. Elvin Hayes. 16,279.
- Assists. John Stockton 15,806. Jason Kidd. 12,091. Steve Nash. 10,335. Mark Jackson. 10,334. Magic Johnson.
What is a good per in basketball?
A league-average PER is always 15.00, which permits comparisons of player performance across seasons. PER takes into account accomplishments, such as field goals, free throws, 3-pointers, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals, and negative results, such as missed shots, turnovers and personal fouls.
Who is the most efficient player in the NBA?
Why plus/minus is a bad stat?
In any context, plus–minus tries to confuse people about how good a player really is. More often than not, no information is better than very, very flawed information. The worst thing about plus–minus is that it pretends to be an advanced stat. Plus–minus is a terrible number for measuring how good a player is.
Who has the worst plus/minus in the NBA?
Manny Harris has the lowest plus–minus in a game, at -57 against the Lakers on January 11, 2011.
Which NBA player has the best plus minus?