How do you read a basketball playbook?
To recap here’s the legend:
- Numbers 1 through 5 = Offensive players.
- Circle around a number = The ball-handler.
- Numbers x1 through x5 = Defenders (numbers 1-5 can be put in triangles to indicate defenders too)
- Solid line = Player movement.
- Squiggly line = Dribbling.
- Dotted line = Pass.
- Perpendicular line = Screen.
What color is a basketball?
COLOR. Most basketballs have a burnt orange color, but some are other colors, like black, blue, yellow and even multi-colored. Most leagues and teams require a standard orange ball.
How do you play basketball?
Basketball is a team sport. Two teams of five players each try to score by shooting a ball through a hoop elevated 10 feet above the ground. The game is played on a rectangular floor called the court, and there is a hoop at each end.