- 1 How much does it cost to install an in-ground basketball hoop?
- 2 Can I convert portable basketball goal to inground?
- 3 How much concrete do I need for an inground basketball hoop?
- 4 How deep should you dig for a basketball hoop?
- 5 Is 72 inch backboard too big for driveway?
- 6 What is the best thing to put in a portable basketball hoop?
- 7 Can you dunk on a portable basketball hoop?
- 8 How much sand do you need for a basketball goal?
- 9 How do you keep a portable basketball hoop from being stolen?
- 10 How do you level the ground for a portable basketball hoop?
- 11 How long does it take to install an inground basketball hoop?
- 12 How long should concrete cure a basketball hoop?
- 13 How long do I need to let quikrete set?
How much does it cost to install an in-ground basketball hoop?
On average, installation will cost around $450.00 for an in-ground system if you have it professionally installed. This includes two trips, labor and materials. Roof and wall mounted basketball systems will cost less because there are no material costs and assembly can be done in only one trip (no concrete).
Can I convert portable basketball goal to inground?
Changing a portable basketball hoop to an in-ground system is a weekend project that will likely take about 8 hours of actual work time. By doing all of the digging and cement work yourself, which is quite possible for many people, you can significantly decrease the cost of this project.
How much concrete do I need for an inground basketball hoop?
You will need eleven 80-lb bags of concrete for the installation.
How deep should you dig for a basketball hoop?
Dig A Hole
This will provide stability to your basketball hoop. You can dig by hand with a shovel, or use an auger or other digging equipment. The hole should be 48″ to 50″ (1.2 m – 1.3 m) deep and 16-18″ (0.4 m – 0.5 m).
Is 72 inch backboard too big for driveway?
Backboards range in size from 44″ to 72“. If you have a one car driveway, go with a 54″ backboard. If you have enough space, strongly consider a 60″ or, ideally, a 72” backboard, which is regulation size for high school, college and the pros.
What is the best thing to put in a portable basketball hoop?
Tips for Filling a Portable Basketball Hoop
- WATER. Adding water to the base is as simple as hooking a hose to the base hole. This is a cheaper and easier option than sand.
- SAND. Sand is denser than water, and it weighs more per gallon, so it can help increase stability.
- BASE GEL. A third option for your hoop is a special gel designed to stabilize bases.
Can you dunk on a portable basketball hoop?
The biggest benefit of an adustable hoop is that you can dunk on it just like the pros. Portable systems are usually not heavy-duty enough and do not have enough ballast for this type of play.
How much sand do you need for a basketball goal?
Most portable basketball goal systems have a 35-gallon base. Purchase 10 bags of 50-pound sand bags from a home-supply store if your base is 35 gallons. Adjust the amount of sand you purchase if the base holds more or less than 35 gallons. Many fill their bases with water.
How do you keep a portable basketball hoop from being stolen?
Without further ado, here are the six best ways to protect your portable basketball hoop from getting stolen.
- Use P-Locks Anchoring System.
- Move it in the backyard or behind the house.
- If you have a tree or fence post around, do this.
- Install a security camera.
- Install security lights.
- Cover the hoop with a black car cover.
How do you level the ground for a portable basketball hoop?
Mark off the area you want to flatten with a tape measure. Dig through the area, turning over the grass and top soil and exposing underlying rocks. Rake through the dirt and top soil, removing rocks and grass that will impede the base of the basketball goal.
How long does it take to install an inground basketball hoop?
On this visit, the technician will confirm with someone over the age of 18 where the Hoop should be placed. The hole will be dug, anchor kit placed and concrete poured. This visit typically takes about 90 to 120 minutes for a normal dig.
How long should concrete cure a basketball hoop?
Allow the concrete to set for at least 72 hours before installing the rest of the system onto the bottom pole. In humid climates or wet weather, allow additional time for the concrete to cure. Do not proceed until the curing process is complete.
How long do I need to let quikrete set?
The concrete sets up in 20 to 40 minutes, so you can quickly move on to the next stage of the project (a great convenience when setting fence posts) or backfill the hole to finish the job. Under normal curing conditions, you can apply heavy weight to the post (a basketball backboard, for example) after just 4 hours.