How do you shoot a basketball step by step?
4 Steps to a Perfect Shot
- B– Balance. Keep feet shoulder- width apart with the foot on the shooting side of the body toe-to- heel in front of the other foot; knees bent, hips square to target, and back straight.
- E — Elbow in.
- E — Eyes on Target.
- F– Follow Through.
How can I shoot better in basketball?
21 Easy Ways to Improve Your Basketball Shooting Percentage
- Tip #1 – Locate Your Target (the Rim) Earlier.
- Tip #2 – Always Hold Your Follow Through.
- Tip #3 – Finish with a Relaxed Wrist.
- Tip #4 – Use a Colored Ball to Improve Rotation.
- Tip #5 – Don’t Shoot like Kobe (By Hanging In The Air)
- Tip #6 – Stop Thinking about Your Shot During Games.
What are the 13 original rules of basketball?
Dr. James Naismith’s Original 13 Rules of Basketball
- The ball may be thrown in any direction with one or both hands.
- The ball may be batted in any direction with one or both hands (never with the fist).
- A player cannot run with the ball.
- The ball must be held in or between the hands; the arms or body must not be used for holding it.
How do you shoot a basketball perfectly every time?
- As you catch the ball, move it quickly into the shot pocket.
- Line everything up so the ball and your shooting eye form a straight line to the basket.
- Position the ball several inches above your waist.
- Grip the ball properly and be ready to shoot.
What are the 5 main rules in basketball?
When a player has the basketball there are certain rules they must follow:
- The player must bounce, or dribble, the ball with one hand while moving both feet.
- The basketball player can only take one turn at dribbling.
- The ball must stay in bounds.
- The players hand must be on top of the ball while dribbling.
What are 2 dribbling tips?
Alternating Dribble – As one ball hits the floor, the other ball should be reaching your hand. You can vary heights on this drill as well. Crossover – Cross the two balls in front of your body at the same time. Between the Legs & Crossover – Dribble one ball between your legs and cross over with the other one.