How do you get better handles in basketball?
9 Tips To Improve Your Dribbling & Ball Handling
- Dribble the ball hard.
- Head up at all times.
- Use your finger tips to control the ball, not your palm.
- Use your imagination.
- Teach mentality.
- Basketball is a game of length.
- Basketball is also a game of angles.
- Don’t do things in 2 dribbles that you can do in 1.
How long does it take to get good handles in basketball?
Anything like 3 or 4 times a week for like an hour or so for just running dribbling/handling drills wil you get there in like 4–6 months easily, but consistency is key here, in order to develop any skill (not just this one) it requires time, patience, discipline and consistency on developing it.
Does dribbling a tennis ball help your handles?
Dribbling with a smaller ball or smaller basketballs will help your handles but you must think of them as just tools. When you add a different stimulus or variable to your dribbling it makes it harder allowing you to improve at that skill. Dribbling with a smaller basketball is going to be harder and challenging.
How do you stay low in basketball?
Points of emphasis
- Stay low, keep the dribble low.
- Quick change of direction, exploding to score.
- Keep eyes focused on the rim.
- Perform at game speed.
- Maintain balance when pulling up for a jump shot.
Which position is the best dribbler in basketball?
The point guard runs the offense and usually is the team’s best dribbler and passer. The point guard defends the opponent’s point guard and tries to steal the ball. The shooting guard is usually the team’s best shooter. The shooting guard can make shots from long distance and also is a good dribbler.