- 1 Where was basketball first invented?
- 2 When and where was basketball first played?
- 3 Who and where was basketball invented?
- 4 How was the first game of basketball played?
- 5 When was basketball first invented?
- 6 Who was the first girl to dunk?
- 7 Who was the first player to dunk a basketball?
- 8 Who is the best player of basketball?
- 9 Who was the first player in the NBA?
- 10 What is the oldest sport?
- 11 What country did football originate from?
- 12 Who invented school?
- 13 What are the 5 violations in basketball?
Where was basketball first invented?
Basketball was invented by James Naismith on or about December 1, 1891, at the International Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) Training School, Springfield, Massachusetts, where Naismith was an instructor in physical education.
When and where was basketball first played?
On this day, December 21st, in 1891, the first basketball game was played in Springfield, Massachusetts. Created by Canadian-born Dr. James Naismith, basket ball, had 13 original rules.
Who and where was basketball invented?
Basketball is the only major American sport with a clearly identifiable inventor. James Naismith wrote the sport’s original 13 rules as part of a December 1891 class assignment at a Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) training school in Springfield, Massachusetts.
How was the first game of basketball played?
The first official game was played in the YMCA gymnasium in Albany, New York, on January 20, 1892, with nine players. The game ended at 1–0; the shot was made from 25 feet (7.6 m), on a court just half the size of a present-day Streetball or National Basketball Association (NBA) court.
When was basketball first invented?
Basketball is built into the fabric of Springfield College. The game was invented by Springfield College instructor and graduate student James Naismith in 1891, and has grown into the worldwide athletic phenomenon we know it to be today.
Who was the first girl to dunk?
Among her other accomplishments, Wells is notable as the first American woman to register a dunk in an official NCAA intercollegiate basketball game on December 21, 1984.
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|High school||Northland (Columbus, Ohio)|
Who was the first player to dunk a basketball?
In 1944, college basketball saw its first-ever dunk, when Oklahoma A&M’s Bob “Foothills” Kurland dunked by accident.
Who is the best player of basketball?
The 10 Greatest Basketball Players of All Time
- Shaquille O’Neal.
- Larry Bird.
- Bill Russell.
- Oscar Robertson.
- Wilt Chamberlain.
- Magic Johnson.
- Michael Jordan. I know I risk getting run out of my beloved Chicago on a rail for daring to suggest His Airness isn’t the best player ever but, well, I just don’t think he is.
- LeBron James. LeBron James.
Who was the first player in the NBA?
Chuck Cooper (basketball)
|College||West Virginia State (1944–1945) Duquesne (1946–1950)|
|NBA draft||1950 / Round: 2 / Pick: 14th overall|
|Selected by the Boston Celtics|
What is the oldest sport?
The oldest sport
With the possible exception of athletics, wrestling is recognised as the world’s oldest competitive sport. Indeed cave drawings of wrestlers have been found dating as far back as 3000 BC. The sport was introduced into the ancient Olympics in 708 BC.
What country did football originate from?
Modern football originated in Britain in the 19th century. Since before medieval times, “folk football” games had been played in towns and villages according to local customs and with a minimum of rules.
Who invented school?
Credit for our modern version of the school system usually goes to Horace Mann. When he became Secretary of Education in Massachusetts in 1837, he set forth his vision for a system of professional teachers who would teach students an organized curriculum of basic content.
What are the 5 violations in basketball?
What are the different violations in basketball?
- Out-of-bounds: being the last player to touch the ball before it goes out-of-bounds.
- Double dribble: dribbling the ball before picking it up and dribbling again.
- Carry: scooping the ball to carry it while dribbling.