- 1 Who made the first 3-point shot in college basketball?
- 2 Why is there two 3-point lines in college basketball?
- 3 Was there a 3-point line in 1985?
- 4 Is the NBA three-point line the same as college?
- 5 Who has the most 40 point games?
- 6 Who has the most 3 pointers in NCAA history?
- 7 Why are there 2 different 3 point lines?
- 8 Are NBA balls bigger than college?
- 9 Would a dunk from the 3 point line?
- 10 What’s the 3 second rule in basketball?
- 11 How far is a NBA 3-point line?
- 12 How far is a college 3-point line?
- 13 Who was the first person to dunk a basketball?
- 14 Who was the youngest player to score 10000 points in the NBA?
- 15 Who has the best 3-point percentage in college basketball?
Who made the first 3-point shot in college basketball?
Ronnie Carr of Western Carolina on Nov. 29, 1980, when he hit college basketball’s first 3-pointer, against Middle Tennessee State.
Why is there two 3-point lines in college basketball?
Why it matters: According to the committee, moving the line back will open up the lane for drives/cuts to the basket and additional low-post play, while keeping the 3–point revolution in check by making threes more challenging. For reference, the NBA’s 3–point line is 23 feet, 9 inches.
Was there a 3-point line in 1985?
FIBA and the NCAA both adopted the three–point line in 1985. In most high school associations in the United States, the distance is 19.75 feet. This was formerly the distance for college basketball as well.
Is the NBA three-point line the same as college?
With teams heavily relying on 3–pointers more and percentages steadily rising, the NCAA moved the arc back nearly two feet to 22 feet, 1¾ inches this season. That matches the international distance, but short of the NBA arc at 23 feet, nine inches.
Who has the most 40 point games?
Wilt Chamberlain had the most games with 40+ points, with 271 games.
Who has the most 3 pointers in NCAA history?
List of NCAA Division I men’s basketball career 3-point scoring leaders
- Fletcher Magee of Wofford holds the all-time record, with 509 made three-point field goals.
- J. J. Redick made 457 three-pointers, third all-time in Division I.
- Stephen Curry finished with 414 in three seasons.
Why are there 2 different 3 point lines?
The reason they put that rule in is because they thought it would open up the game. Several players mentioned something those who voted in the rule might not have thought about — the fact that there will now be two three-point lines on the floor, one for the men and one for the women. The women’s line remains at 19-9.
Are NBA balls bigger than college?
The official size of the basketball used by the NBA is 29.5 inches in circumference. That’s the same size used throughout men’s college and high school basketball leagues. The WNBA uses a slightly smaller ball, measuring 28.5 inches in circumference. An NBA basketball must be inflated to a pressure of 7.5 to 8.5 PSI.
Would a dunk from the 3 point line?
In terms off dunking from the three point line. This is only counted as a three point shot if both of the players feet are behind the line before he takes off. If he is fouled in flight to the goal and finishes the dunk, he will be awarded a 4 point play opportunity becuase he was fouled on a 3 point attempt.
What’s the 3 second rule in basketball?
The O3 rule states that an offensive player cannot be in the lane for more than three seconds while his team has control of the ball.
How far is a NBA 3-point line?
The arc typically stretches to 23 feet, nine inches, but is not uniform. In the corners, the distance between it and the basket is only 22 feet. The NBA decided to redraw the arcs so that they sat 22 feet away from the basket across the board.
How far is a college 3-point line?
College basketball’s 3-point line in the DI men’s game moves back this season for the first time since 2008. In case you missed the news, the NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved moving it back to 22 feet, 1¾ inches in June. That’s the same distance used in international basketball.
Who was the first person to dunk a basketball?
Who was the youngest player to score 10000 points in the NBA?
LeBron James becomes youngest player to score 10,000 points!
Who has the best 3-point percentage in college basketball?