- 1 What is the trick to spinning a basketball on your finger?
- 2 Why can’t I spin a basketball on my finger?
- 3 Why is it easier to balance a spinning basketball?
- 4 What’s the world record for spinning a ball on your finger?
- 5 How do you spin a toothbrush on your finger?
- 6 Which is the longest finger?
- 7 Why do basketball players spin the ball?
- 8 What happens when you jam your finger in basketball?
- 9 How do you balance a basketball?
- 10 Why is it easier to balance a spinning basketball on your fingertip than a non spinning basketball?
- 11 How would you apply the force to spin a ball on your finger?
What is the trick to spinning a basketball on your finger?
Here’s his tutorial.
- Line up the lines on the basketball vertically in the palm of your writing hand.
- Try to spin the ball with one hand by throwing it straight up out of your palm while spinning the ball.
- When the ball comes back down to your hand, straighten your pointer finger for it to land on.
Why can’t I spin a basketball on my finger?
It is because the old basketball grooves are worn down and will not trouble your finger. Cut your nails such that a little nail remains above your finger. It will help the basketball to spin for a longer time. Spinning a basketball with long nails is tough.
Why is it easier to balance a spinning basketball?
Now, if the spinning basketball falls over, its whole angular momentum changes. This change in angular momentum will be large;. Such a large change in angular momentum requires a large torque (or rotational force). That means it is far easier to balance a spinning basketball than to balance a stationary one.
What’s the world record for spinning a ball on your finger?
The longest time to spin a basketball on one finger using one hand is 11 min 22.22 sec, achieved by Narayan Bhattarai (Nepal), at the Imadol Banquet, Mahalaxmi, Lalitpur, Nepal, on 8 May 2018. Narayan practiced for more than 15 months to break this record.
How do you spin a toothbrush on your finger?
Step 1: Materials The materials are: – Toothbrush – Finger Step 2: Start you first hang the toothbrush on your finger Step 3: Spinning It While hanging it on you finger spin your finger the where the bristles are pointing and spin it in a circular movement.
Which is the longest finger?
In the human hand the middle finger is the longest, the thumb is the shortest, and the little finger is the next shortest.
Why do basketball players spin the ball?
So, a spinning ball hitting a surface gets a backward force, which slows it down. How does that help a real basketball shot? The spin is most important for a jump shot from a longer distance, where the horizontal velocity is pretty substantial.
What happens when you jam your finger in basketball?
A jammed finger is swollen, hard to bend and somewhat painful. It is a common basketball injury. If your finger looks crooked or dislocated or is unbearably painful, see a doctor immediately. You may have broken your finger, which is more serious.
How do you balance a basketball?
Once your finger comes into contact with the ball, you may need to adjust the position of your hand slightly back and forth until the spinning ball is balanced on your finger. At that point, the momentum of the spinning ball will help to keep it balanced and you doing it!
Why is it easier to balance a spinning basketball on your fingertip than a non spinning basketball?
Just like how an object in motion resists changes to its momentum, a spinning object resists changes to its angular momentum. So if you spin an object along a non -intermediate axis it will be easier to balance, but not along the intermediate axis.
How would you apply the force to spin a ball on your finger?
Simultaneously flick your dominant hand 180-degrees, pinky leading, while flicking your thumb on your non-dominant hand forward to spin the ball. Be sure to complete the two motions at the same time in order to create an equal force on both sides of the ball.