How do you trick a defender in basketball?
6 Basketball Moves You Need to Beat Any Defender
- Crossover Dribble. The crossover involves bouncing the basketball in front of you from one hand to the other.
- Through the Legs Dribble.
- Behind the Back Dribble.
- Hesitation Dribble.
- In-and-Out Dribble.
- Spin Move.
How do you dribble a past defender?
Tap the ball to the side and use a quick change of direction to get past. Dribble straight at the defender. Once you get a few feet away, quickly tap the ball away from the defender at a 45-degree angle, using the outside of your foot.
How do you not get blown by in basketball?
Tip #1 – Never lose your balance
- Stay on your feet and do NOT go for shot fakes. When you go for fakes, you are beat!
- Do not lunge for the ball and get off balance.
- Stay in a WIDE stance. If your feet get too close together, you will lose balance.
- Stay in a LOW and athletic stance.
- Take short steps when sliding.
How do you shoot a basketball perfectly every time?
- As you catch the ball, move it quickly into the shot pocket.
- Line everything up so the ball and your shooting eye form a straight line to the basket.
- Position the ball several inches above your waist.
- Grip the ball properly and be ready to shoot.
How do I master the hesitation move?
Key Points to the Hesitation Move
- Change Speeds. By changing speeds, this keeps your defender off balance.
- Stay Low. Keep the hips down.
- Ball Out To Side. Depending on the defender’s position, keeping the ball out to the side allows you to shield the ball from the defender.
- Look Up.
- Push the Ball Out.