- 1 What is the most points scored in a college basketball game by one team?
- 2 Has there ever been a 200 point basketball game?
- 3 What is the highest scoring college game?
- 4 What is the biggest blowout in NCAA basketball history?
- 5 Who was the first person to dunk a basketball in a game?
- 6 What is the average college basketball score?
- 7 Has any NBA team went 82 0?
- 8 Who scored 70 points in an NBA game?
- 9 What was the lowest NBA score ever?
- 10 Has any college team scored 100 points?
- 11 Has any NFL team ever scored 100 points?
- 12 Has any football team scored 4 points?
- 13 Has there ever been a basketball shutout?
- 14 What is the biggest lead in NBA history?
- 15 What is the lowest score in college basketball?
What is the most points scored in a college basketball game by one team?
Most points scored in a single March Madness game as of March 2020, by team
|Oklahoma vs. Louisiana Tech, 1989||124|
|North Carolina vs. LMU (CA), 1988||123|
|Iowa vs. Notre Dame, 1970||121|
|UNLV vs. San Francisco, 1977||121|
Has there ever been a 200 point basketball game?
No NBA team has ever scored 200 points in a game. In 1983, the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets 186–184 and this is the most in NBA history. In 1983, the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets 186–184 and this is the most in NBA history.
What is the highest scoring college game?
Texas A&M QB Kellen Mond led the Aggies to a 74-72 win against LSU in the highest – scoring game in FBS history. When Georgia Tech coach John Heisman ran up a 222-0 score against Cumberland on October 7, 1916, college football records were still 21 years from being first recorded.
What is the biggest blowout in NCAA basketball history?
Then vote in the poll to crown the biggest yawner of all-time.
- Loyola 111, Tennessee Tech 42.
- UNLV 103, Duke 73 (final, 1990)
- Michigan State 101, Penn 67 (national semifinal, 1979)
- Kansas 110, Prairie View 52.
- Michigan State 69, Alabama State 35 (South regional.
- UCLA 101, Houston 69 (national semifinal, 1968)
Who was the first person to dunk a basketball in a game?
Joe Fortenberry, a 6’8” Texan who captained the U.S. team in the 1936 Olympics, is widely believed to be the first person to dunk in an organized game.
What is the average college basketball score?
The average total score was 143.6, meaning the average individual score was 71.8 for both of the final teams. The average winning margin was 8.9 points.
Has any NBA team went 82 0?
Out of these four teams, the Warriors were the only ones to have the best overall season and lose in the NBA Finals. AND it was in that same season that the pitiful Sixers suffered the worst season in NBA history
Who scored 70 points in an NBA game?
Former University of Kentucky star Devin Booker set a franchise record with 70 points Friday in the Phoenix Suns’ 130-120 loss to the Celtics in Boston.
What was the lowest NBA score ever?
On this day 69 years ago – November 22, 1950, to be exact – the Fort Wayne Pistons defeated the Minneapolis Lakers in the lowest scoring game in NBA history, 19-18.
Has any college team scored 100 points?
Neglecting games in the early 1900s, the Houston Cougars are the only Division I FBS football team to score 100 points against another FBS team, against Tulsa in 1968. The most lopsided game in college football history occurred in a 1916 contest when Georgia Tech beat Cumberland 222–0.
Has any NFL team ever scored 100 points?
Washington Redskins, 1966)
Has any football team scored 4 points?
In 2004, when Iowa defeated Penn State 6– 4, because of Iowa’s two field goals and Penn State’s two safeties, it was the only instance of such a score in the modern era, and it was the first time since Florida lost to Miami 31– 4 in 1987 that a team finished a game with exactly four points.
Has there ever been a basketball shutout?
While possible in most major sports, they are highly improbable in some sports, such as basketball. Shutouts are usually seen as a result of effective defensive play even though a weak opposing offense may be as much to blame.
What is the biggest lead in NBA history?
Dallas’ Trey Burke hit a corner three with 23.5 seconds left in the second quarter to give the Mavs an unfathomable 77-27 lead at halftime on Sunday at Staples Center, the largest halftime margin since the introduction of the shot clock in 1954-1955. Essentially, the biggest NBA halftime lead ever.
What is the lowest score in college basketball?
Only eight teams were invited to the not-so-Big Dance that year – Wisconsin, Dartmouth, Arkansas, Wyoming, Washington State and Creighton filled out the rest of the field. It was Pittsburgh that came out on top, 26-20, in what still stands as the lowest scoring NCAA Tournament game ever at 46 points.